Thursday 5 September 2013

Parvovirus Outbreak - Stoke on trent

Parvovirus Outbreak

I have just found out some really scary news about the Parvovirus within stoke-on-trent. The Parvovirus is on an up rise and vets are seeing 5 cases a day compared to 1 case a week and they are saying it is a “Serious Outbreak”. The Parvovirus is very contagious and is contracted by contaminated dog faecal matter and the symptoms are severe vomiting and diarrhoea and can be fatal. They are urging that everyone makes sure that all vaccinations are update.



My friends, friend has just got her puppy a day ago, like me she has been waiting a long time for her puppy and was so excited to have finally got him and has now had some really sad news, her puppy has contracted the Parvovirus and is the vets on a dripping fight for his life and this has made me very sad and very scared for my little puppy.
I have been looking on the internet to see if there is anything I can do and found this website telling you about the Parvovirus.


Thank you for reading my Blog please leave a comment at the bottom if your dog or someone you knows dog has had the Parvovirus and let me know if I could do anything to stop my puppy from contracting it.


Vicky xx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Y'all!

    Just stopped from Google +. Thanks for the link. Hope your pup stays safe and your friends recovers quickly.

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Hawkeye

      Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog.

      xx

      Delete
  2. Ma has been through parvo with a dog before. Its terrible. She said its a smell she will never forget. Her dog recovered and lived to 17 years old. I hope your friend recovers and a word of advice for people with puppies who have not had their complete set of parvo vaccines is not to let every stranger pet their pets. Ma's dog contacted through being petted by a friend who had Hanks (ma's dog) sister. His sister had died from parvo and he had came by to tell them about it. He petted hank and within 24 hours Hank had it. It can be spread by someone petting a affected dog and then petting your puppy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Carma

      Thank you for stopping by and taking time to read my blog and thank you for this information as I didn't realize it could be transmitted through touch and i will defiantly will keep that in mind with visitors :)

      xx

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading what you think of my posts.

Vicky xx