Tuesday 13 August 2013

Breeders

Breeders

Well there is still no news from by breeder but finger crossed my little puppy will arrive safe and well very soon.

So I wanted a reputable breeder that had their dogs registered. I looked for ages to find a breeder that was based in the UK, as most Golden doodles breeders I found were American. I wrote in the Google search box- “Golden doodle breeders UK” and came across “Jastra Golden doodles”. Jastra is run by a breeder called Jackie Ruddock and are based in Essex. Jackie breeds standard and miniature golden doodles. I looked at lots of different forums about Jackie and all were very positive and I couldn’t wait to contact her but when I came to e-mailing her she was on holiday. Looking through Jackie’s website I found in the “Useful Links” a friend of Jackie’s called Mary Rook who is also a breeder of Standard and miniature Golden doodles.

Mary Rook is based in Minehead, Somerset. I rang Mary as she doesn’t have a website and I was on the phone with her for at least an hour and half talking about golden doodles. Mary was great, she allowed me to ask her a list of questions I had and I didn’t feel rushed when talking to her. Mary also asked me lots of questions about my job, where I lived and how I would look after a puppy and recommended that before I made any decisions that I read a puppy guide by Ian Dunbar called “Before and after getting your Puppy” and it was very helpful and give you lots of tip and ideas. After speaking to Mary I looked at different forums and again all were very positive. Mary has a profile on “Doodle kisses” and reading the comments from people who had one of her puppies was lovely. It was nice to read that even after a couple of years they still keep in contact with Mary and let her know how their dogs keeping.

Mary e-mailed me pictures of her last litter, so I could look at the size, colour and coat type of the miniature golden doodles. One thing which was important for me was knowing that Mary only breeds her golden doodle Maisy once a year, as some breeders breed their dogs as much as they can.
I’ve not met Mary yet but when I go and met my new puppy I will write another blog and tell you how it went.


Questions I asked

How many dogs do you own and how often do you breed them?

What type of Golden doodle do you breed? F1, F1b, F2, F2b. Standard or Miniature

Is your golden doodle crossed with any other dogs? Some breeders have a golden doodle crossed with a cocker spaniel make the golden doodle smaller.

Do you offer a puppy package? When puppies come home they might come with week insurance, first few days of puppy food, a blanket with mum’s sent, certificates for parent’s eye test and hip score.

What puppy food do you feed them?

How old are the puppies when they leave you?

Can I come and visit the puppies?

Can I pick my own puppy?

How much do the puppies cost?

Do you hip score your Golden retriever and give your Poodle an eye test and do they have the certificates?

Do you give the puppy their first jabs?

What are the Sizes, Weight, Coat, and Colours of your Golden doodles?

Can I come and see the Parents and where they sleep?

Have you breed Golden doodles before?

Where do the puppies sleep?

Will you keep the puppy an extra week if I am unable to collect?

These are just an example of the questions I asked but feel free to ask your breeder any other questions you wish to be answered. One thing I found is, make sure you write your questions down before you ringing your breeder and have a pen and paper handy to write down all the answers.

Websites I used

http://www.ukgoldendoodles.co.uk/- Jastra Golden doodles- Jackie Ruddock




Thank you for reading my blog and if you have any questions you wish me to answer please leave a comment at the bottom.


Vicky xx

2 comments:

  1. Nice post

    Welcome to the Bright Goldendoodle! Fine the best mini and medium goldendoodles puppies for sale. 50% discount on mini goldendoodle puppies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There,
    Thank you for sharing the knowledgeable blog with us I hope that you will post many more blog with us:-
    Alfie puppy as it has been, my ordeals with Alfie have taught me a great deal of. It’s as a result of him I’m so enthusiastic about educating Many others on preventative and rehabilitation teaching.
    Email: missmhima691@gmail.com
    Click here for more information:- more info

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading what you think of my posts.

Vicky xx