Sunday 18 August 2013

Preparing for a Puppy

Preparing for a puppy

I have been preparing for my puppy for a couple of months now, gathering toys and bedding etc from different places so that 1. To spread the cost over time instead of in one lump sum and 2. That I’m prepared for when he comes home. I spoke to my breeder Mary first and asked her advice on what I should buy and while looking on the internet I searched on Google “Things I need for a puppy” and I found this list which I found really helpful.


http://www.petguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/goldendoodle-2.jpg
General.

Food
Feeding and water bowls
Puppy collar/ Adult collar and lead
Name tag showing puppy's name, your details, and you vets telephone number.
Chews and teething aids
Poo Bags
Toilet training pads
Suitable toys
Training treats
Grooming equipment
Claw clippers and scissors
Shampoo for puppies
A puppy training book

For your home and garden

Puppy play pen
Dog training crate
Basket/bed, bedding and spare covers
furniture sheets or covers
Outside kennel or kennel run if you are going to keep your dog outside

For your car

Dog crate or guard or
A dog travel harness where a crate is not practical
Travel feeding bowls
Blanket, covers and a vet bed  

http://www.croftonline.co.uk/sitepage/Pup%20checklist.html

You can adapt this list to meet your puppy’s needs as I haven’t brought everything from this list e.g. the kennel for outside as my dog will be sleeping inside the house.

Thank you for reading my blog I hope you found this helpful, please leave a comment at the bottom and tell me what you think.


Vicky xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading what you think of my posts.

Vicky xx