Sunday 11 August 2013

Doodles

Golden Doodles

Hello I’m Vicky and I’m 25, I come from Newcastle-under-lyme and I have been married for 2 years to my lovely husband Andy. I would like to introduce you to my golden doodle but at this moment in time he is not yet born but he should be born in the next few days.

Our golden doodle to be, will be mine and my husband’s first dog and I found that when looking for information about Golden doodles lots were America based and I couldn't find one place that told me everything I needed to know. So I thought I would give it a go and write a blog about everything we do like meeting him, picking him up from the breeder, feeding, training and much more and I will let you know how they all go.  


So what is a Golden Doodle?

Well A golden doodle is a crossed breed, a Golden Retriever crossed with a Standard Poodle. A standard golden doodle will weigh about 45 to 70 pounds and their height from their shoulder for a male golden doodle is about 24-26 inches and for female is about 22-23 inches. We are having a miniature golden doodle which is a Golden Retriever crossed with a toy poodle and a miniature golden doodle will weigh about 15 to 30 pounds. Due to golden doodles being a crossed breed size and weight is dependent on which side they inherit more. Golden doodles also come in a variety of colours white, cream, apricot, gold and red.

Golden doodle are classified into types according to the breed of its parents.

  • F1-is a straight cross a golden retriever and a standard poodle
  • F1b - is a F1 golden doodle and an standard poodle
  • F2 - is a F1 golden doodle and an F1 golden doodle
  • F2b - F1 golden doodle and an F1b golden doodle
Thanks you for reading my first blog, my next blog will be about picking a breeder and questions you should ask.

Please leave a comment below and tell me if you have a golden doodle or a dog and some of your experiences.

Vicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to leave a comment. I love reading what you think of my posts.

Vicky xx